The theory behind the self-fulfilling prophecy is that someone's actions can be guided by an expectation or belief placed on them which causes them to start acting/behaving in a way that matches the expectation. This course will teach attendees how the self-fulfilling prophecy works, and how a leader or manager can apply it to their employees or team members in a positive way.
Goals & Objectives:
- The student will learn what the self-fulfilling prophecy, a philosophy of Robert Merton, means and how it can change one’s behavior;
- The student will be able to identify ways to use the self-fulfilling prophecy to guide other’s internal messages;
- The student will gain an understanding of how repeated messages become “inner voices” and guide our thinking and decisions in life;
- The student will gain an understanding of the mental, emotional and physical effect of criticism and negative messages on an individual.
- The student will be able to alter negative messages into positive messages in order to promote positive changes and behavior in others.
This enrollment provides access to the class for thirty days.