The theory behind the self-fulfilling prophecy is that someone's actions can be guided by an expectation or belief placed on them which causes them to start acting/behaving in a way that matches the expectation. This course will teach attendees how the self-fulfilling prophecy works, and how a leader or manager can apply it to their employees or team members in a positive way.
Goals & Objectives:
- The student will learn what the self-fulfilling prophecy, a philosophy of Robert Merton, means and how it can change one’s behavior;
- The student will be able to identify ways to use the self-fulfilling prophecy to guide other’s internal messages;
- The student will gain an understanding of how repeated messages become “inner voices” and guide our thinking and decisions in life;
- The student will gain an understanding of the mental, emotional and physical effect of criticism and negative messages on an individual.
- The student will be able to alter negative messages into positive messages in order to promote positive changes and behavior in others.