Drugs, Brain, and Behavior: What Cops Need to Know About Drug Users to Stay Alive
This is a highly technical training course, with discussion on neuroscience, drug effects on the brain and on an individual's behavior, and includes discussion on many types of common street drugs.
Goals & Objectives:
- The student will gain an understanding of the effects drugs, in general, can have on the brain and one’s behavior;
- The student will be able to identify the mental, emotional & physiological effects of several different commonly abused drugs;
- The student will be able to identify various parts of the brain and how they are each affected by drugs;
- The student will learn the impact of drugs on a variety of mental health disorders & illnesses;
- The student will gain an understanding of addiction and how the brain creates a pattern of compulsions to repeat rewarding behavior like drug euphoria;
- The student will learn the dangerous effects of certain drugs on an individual which could lead to self-harm or violence.
This enrollment provides access to the class for thirty days.